THE EVC IS NOW THE EVA INC. The Emerald Village Association inc. is the same body same links to the shire but we can produce our own independent communications.
Congratulations and thank you to the Funfest and Pave committees who obviously worked so hard to make these events so successful.
CURRENT ISSUES IN EMERALD
· Can the Emerald Lake Road cope with the significant increase in traffic that it is expected when Puffing Billy’s Discovery Centre is completed?
· Creating a skate board park in Emerald.
· Tree removal in the main street.
· The provision of new toilets at the eastern end of town.
· The Worrell Reserve master plan.
· The proliferation of signage, particularly real estate boards, the number, the size and the location.
1. EMERALD VILLAGE ASSOCIATION INC
We are encouraging local residents to come along to our meetings. Open meetings are held on 4th Tuesday of each month at the RSL at 7.30.Please consider attending, bring an issue and contribute to improving our town and district.
Please contact Dick Bartley firstname.lastname@example.org for more details or forward me a concern which we could add to our agendas. Email me if you like us to send you a copy of the agenda. We will have EVA Reps at the next Emerald market.
2. A MAINTENANCE WALK ROUND EMERALD to inspect and determine maintenance needs. Officers from the Shire of Cardinia, members of the EVA developed a list of repair works that need to be actioned and some improvements identified which include:
· Seats in the Puffing Billy playground
· A drinking tap in the playground
· Hand rail for some steps near the NAB bank.
· Clearing of blackberries along Madigan’s Lane (behind the co op building)
· Clearing of blackberries and other weeds along the walking track behind the Primary School
3, TOILETS REFURBISHED
The toilets at the Puffing Billy park will have a major refurbish .Work will start on in early May.
4. NEW TOILETS EASTERN END OF EMERALD
The old toilet block at the eastern end of town will be replaced by a new facility incorporated into the new hub building but accessible to the public. The Hub plans have been altered but there needs to be further consultation as concerns have been raised about these changes. The EVA are recommending that the original toilet block be retained until a satisfactory replacement facility can be developed
5. MEETING WITH SHIRE CEO
The President and Secretary of the EVA will meet the new shire general manager Carol Jeffs to discuss the needs of Emerald.
6. THE EMERALD GOLF COURSE BUILDING
There ongoing concerns about the future of the Golf Club and its preservation.
7. There is a proposal to name the Men’s Shed facility after the founder Mike Allery who recently passed away.
8. More details on these items please see the EVA web page our noticeboard, our face book page or come to our next meeting on May 28th at the RSL 7.30
Emerald Village Association (formerly EVC)